KLIPHOEK RIVIEROORD AB (PTY) LTD
KLIPHOEK IS SITUATED WITHIN A “BEWAREA” – CONSERVATION AREA
PEOPLE THAT VISIT KLIPHOEK (FARM AND RESORT) AND THOSE THAT LIVE HERE DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK. THE OWNER ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR ACCIDENTS INCURRED.
1.Respect nature and its resources available to you, i.e. the FLORA and FAUNA.
2.Pay respect to your fellow tenants.
3.Enjoy the farm atmosphere and make use of the river and enjoy the available activities on land: water sport, angling, bird watching and walks to reconnoitre the farm.
4.No pets allowed.
5.Please keep the terrain neat.
6.Dispose of rubbish in the bins provided.
7.DO NOT throw bottles, glass, cans or any other rubbish into the river. Parents should supervise their children in this respect.
8.Loud music, or anything else that may cause a disturbance, should be controlled in order not to disturb others, especially after 22:00.
9.Always drive slowly on dirt roads – keeping the safety of children and animals in mind.
10.ALL MOTORBIKES ARE PROHIBITED IN THE RESORT ( may only ride on allotted dirt roads, which have been pointed out personally on KLIPHOEK FARM.)
11.Please do not drive off the roads, as Lapwings and Plovers often choose even areas to breed on.
RULES CONSERNING THE RIVER
1.Being so near the estuary, at Kliphoek the Berg River is considered a tidal river, therefore government regulations apply that have to be strictly adhered to.
2. See: Berg Estuary Management plan and adhere thereto conscientiously specifically the area around the Island.
www.anchorenviromental.co.za / www.capenature.co.za
3. Boat traffic is allowed only during daylight hours: from sunrise to sunset.
4. Boats navigate according to international rules, i.e. keep right. Two-way traffic is allowed only in the allocated area. (see sketch of Island).
5. When on the river be safety conscious at all times, eg. by wearing life-jackets.
6. Launch boats only at the allocated slipway.
7. Park trailers on the areas provided.
8. Every boat must have a helper on board.
9. The driver of the boat must
a.bring in his skier at the bank of the river,
c.stop so that the helper can pull in the rope and
d.then return to the bank.
By doing so other skiers are not put at risk.
10. Life-jackets have to be worn when practising any water sport and this also applies to passengers on board.
11. Incoming boats have priority over outgoing boats.
12. A maximum of two powerboats per house is allowed, but only one at a time is allowed on the river to ensure safety and to keep boat traffic limited.
13. Take other people in the water into account: swimmers must consider boats and boats must consider swimmers.
14. Do not race unnecessarily or drive carelessly.
TRESSPASSING THE ABOVE–MENTIONED RULES CAN LEAD TO HEAVY FINES AS WELL AS THE WITHDRAWAL OF ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES GRANTED BY NATURE CONSERVANTION, NOT ONLY FOR YOU, BUT FOR KLIPHOEK RIVIEROORD AB (PTY) LTD. AS WELL. THE OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE (WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE) THE STAY OF ANY PERSON IF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RULES ARE NOT ADHERED TO.